Thursday, December 29, 2005

A New Year

(Letter sent 12/21/05)
Wow - that was fun to read. It sounds like you are really excited and I am too. I am soooo excited.

I have had a crazy week. We went to the temple yesterday and I love the temple. Then we went out for lunch at Applebees. That was so good. It reminded me of some good times. So that was fun.

There are so many ?s from you all. I am so excited to hear what the new baby will be. I am guessing it is a boy! So tell me if I am right.

I am currently off of caffeine. I have bet my comp that the first one that drinks it will have to buy the other sunglasses that match. So don’t send any more.

I am a little discouraged because pres sent you a letter and then told us differently. He told us a half an hour. But I think that he knows that missionaries have not talked to their families in so long that he sent out a letter to the families to make them aware of the time restriction. This is the first year that they have had a time restriction. I think they are trying it out. So I think that an hour is sufficient and then I will go to church k? I think the time will be around 7:30 eight o’clock k? I do not want to give an exact time so we will see.

Today we went to the city and Moma Weems came down and she took us out to lunch and it was fun. There were ten missionaries there but she only took us out to lunch after the other missionaries left. So that was fun.

We had a really good visit with this investigator and he said that if he gets his answer to the book of Mormon that he would be baptized and so that was cool.

Then all this week we have been just trying to get things planed and everything ready. I sent out Christmas cards but I do not think I got Crystals in the mail. I will send you a package after the holidays so look for it.

I love you all and I hope that I answered all the ?s I can’t wait to call. Love you and TALK to you Sunday:)

(Letter sent 12/29/05)
Hi - how are you guys again?

I am great. I had a good week. It was not the most productive but it was fun. We had a blast on Christmas. That is because I started the day off right with talking to you. So did you like the phone message? I thought that I would be cute and I was still obeying the rules. I did not mean to go over, but I loved every minute of it.

We went over to three members houses after church and hung out for the rest of the day.

Monday we had the normal district mtg - so that was good. But after that, my comp got sick and I took a nap and then studied the scriptures. Sometimes I think it would be good if he got sick more often - so I would have more time to study and learn for myself. Needless to say, I have learned a ton. This week I studied the resurrection of the dead and the time between death and the resurrection. It was so good. It helped me understand the my patriarchal blessing better.

I have not yet received the other package from you yet but maybe it will come today. What was in it?

I loved the cookies I got from grandma Putnam! It is not helping my weight problem to have all of this food around the house. But I do enjoy eating so that is fine.

I got a package from the Wardell’s which was good. I heard that you took over a cheese ball to her and she said that she wanted to be like you when she grows up. I thought was hilarious.

Nothing really is going on today. We are going to play a four-zone football game later. That should be some great exercise.

I have got to run - I loved your letters and yes, Crystal, you have been faithful. You are amazing.

I loved the colors Lyssa - they freaked out my eyes but it was fun.

I love you all and thank you for all the support.

Love Elder Putnam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home