On Fire
(Editors Note: We did not receive an email from Drew on Thursday – his normal p-day – so Robin finally called the mission office on Saturday and they passed the message onto E. Drew. The first part is actually the second message that he emailed)
So I got a phone-call today and was laughing that you called (the office). That was so funny. The office called and said that you did not get my email - I am sorry, but I wrote. I guess that it did not get there. I don’t know what happened.
How is everything? I sent the old one again so you get a double letter.
I am thinking I will call you later than 6am your time. I will try to make it closer around 7am for Crystal and the parents. So I hope that is better. It will be around 8am my time and then it will not be a temptation to go over the hour that you say that we are allowed. So I love you and I am sorry for the trouble and don’t worry - I am fine. I will watch out for myself k? I love you and hope u are having a good week.
Oh, I have Craig’s address and I will give that to you later so you can hook him up with the package - that will be awesome.
(First Letter)
I am doing so much better this week and we have had a really good week. I have loved getting back into it. So we taught 7 lessons in one day and got somewhere around 10 new investigators this week. So that is a real pickerupper. I have found that if you don’t want to be the jerk and tell the comp that we need to keep going you schedule team-ups and it takes a lot of pressure off of you and it gets you closer to the members.
I have been in heaven all week because of all the love and packages I have gotten. So I have been really blessed and it has helped my sprits. So that is good.
We did a lot of good and the zone is now on fire. We are doing member missionary thing and it has shot the lessons through the roof. We are the leading zone. I always feel that I can do better until I talked to the zls – they told us that we are #5 in teaching. So we are going for the #1 place and we are shooting for thirty lessons this week. It is so good to work and I just love it.
I have also been reading “Our Search for Happiness” and that is really good. I have used several of the stories in the lessons and the scriptures that I study. They are coming into play again and again. I love the spirit of missionary work. After the past couple of weeks, it is good to be back and healthy and loving life. I have also lost 4 lbs and 10 since Fulton and I am down to 186 so that is going well. Maybe I will fit in to the pants again.
I am going to send you all a pic of Hainline and me. We went to the arch and it will come this week. So that is great.
I think that is it.
Oh - one depressing thing that happened this week was our only baptismal date fell through. He got drunk and called us. I was highly upset but we will set it up this week again but it will not be this transfer. We hopefully will setup baptism with another person this week as well. So that is great.
I know that I am doing great. I love this work. I had a man come up to me at McDonalds and it was so funny. He said, “I just want you to know you will be held accountable for what you teach.” I said, thanks I hope so! I trying to teach and help people to come unto Christ the best I can. He said, that he just wanted me to know that and left. So that was weird and funny all at the same time.
I kinda got mad at another investigator this week. She did not understand what we were trying to teach her. She said that she disagreed about the spirit world. So we pulled out the Bible and pointed out to her where it said that in her own Bible. She still was not submitting, so I asked her “Do you believe in the Bible?” She said, “Yes.” And I then I asked “Then why don’t you believe in this? It says right here.” She read it and she finally after many bold statements got it. She wants us back - so that couldn’t have gone better.
I am thankful for all of your love. I did not get the nysc Christmas but I guess that is ok. Thanks for the cds. I love you all and hope that you are good.
Good luck on the Nutcracker! I will call you Christmas morning at seven my time. I am sorry it is so early for you.
Oh, I forgot another story. This week we had a mission conference with a GA - so that was cool. I saw Mendenhall and Wilding and several others - so that was good. Next week is the Christmas zc (zone conference) so I am excited for that.
I love you all - keep it up - good luck.
Elder Putnam
So I got a phone-call today and was laughing that you called (the office). That was so funny. The office called and said that you did not get my email - I am sorry, but I wrote. I guess that it did not get there. I don’t know what happened.
How is everything? I sent the old one again so you get a double letter.
I am thinking I will call you later than 6am your time. I will try to make it closer around 7am for Crystal and the parents. So I hope that is better. It will be around 8am my time and then it will not be a temptation to go over the hour that you say that we are allowed. So I love you and I am sorry for the trouble and don’t worry - I am fine. I will watch out for myself k? I love you and hope u are having a good week.
Oh, I have Craig’s address and I will give that to you later so you can hook him up with the package - that will be awesome.
(First Letter)
I am doing so much better this week and we have had a really good week. I have loved getting back into it. So we taught 7 lessons in one day and got somewhere around 10 new investigators this week. So that is a real pickerupper. I have found that if you don’t want to be the jerk and tell the comp that we need to keep going you schedule team-ups and it takes a lot of pressure off of you and it gets you closer to the members.
I have been in heaven all week because of all the love and packages I have gotten. So I have been really blessed and it has helped my sprits. So that is good.
We did a lot of good and the zone is now on fire. We are doing member missionary thing and it has shot the lessons through the roof. We are the leading zone. I always feel that I can do better until I talked to the zls – they told us that we are #5 in teaching. So we are going for the #1 place and we are shooting for thirty lessons this week. It is so good to work and I just love it.
I have also been reading “Our Search for Happiness” and that is really good. I have used several of the stories in the lessons and the scriptures that I study. They are coming into play again and again. I love the spirit of missionary work. After the past couple of weeks, it is good to be back and healthy and loving life. I have also lost 4 lbs and 10 since Fulton and I am down to 186 so that is going well. Maybe I will fit in to the pants again.
I am going to send you all a pic of Hainline and me. We went to the arch and it will come this week. So that is great.
I think that is it.
Oh - one depressing thing that happened this week was our only baptismal date fell through. He got drunk and called us. I was highly upset but we will set it up this week again but it will not be this transfer. We hopefully will setup baptism with another person this week as well. So that is great.
I know that I am doing great. I love this work. I had a man come up to me at McDonalds and it was so funny. He said, “I just want you to know you will be held accountable for what you teach.” I said, thanks I hope so! I trying to teach and help people to come unto Christ the best I can. He said, that he just wanted me to know that and left. So that was weird and funny all at the same time.
I kinda got mad at another investigator this week. She did not understand what we were trying to teach her. She said that she disagreed about the spirit world. So we pulled out the Bible and pointed out to her where it said that in her own Bible. She still was not submitting, so I asked her “Do you believe in the Bible?” She said, “Yes.” And I then I asked “Then why don’t you believe in this? It says right here.” She read it and she finally after many bold statements got it. She wants us back - so that couldn’t have gone better.
I am thankful for all of your love. I did not get the nysc Christmas but I guess that is ok. Thanks for the cds. I love you all and hope that you are good.
Good luck on the Nutcracker! I will call you Christmas morning at seven my time. I am sorry it is so early for you.
Oh, I forgot another story. This week we had a mission conference with a GA - so that was cool. I saw Mendenhall and Wilding and several others - so that was good. Next week is the Christmas zc (zone conference) so I am excited for that.
I love you all - keep it up - good luck.
Elder Putnam
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home