Road Rash
Well hi!
I have a lot to tell you and I don’t know how much time I have to tell it all.
So this week was great and bad all at the same time. I got into my first crash on my bike. It was kind of bad. I got some road rash and bruises but other than that I think that I am doing great.
We taught and have a great investigator. He wants to be baptized and so we are on the route to get him there. So that is so cool. I love the work.
This week we were riding home and we saw an old woman. She was a cute lady and she was pulling a wagon. She was poor but she was doing something about it. So that was great. She was walking up and down the streets picking up cans to pay her bills. She looked tried so I offered to pull her wagon for a while. So we walked and talked for about three or more blocks. She was so fun to talk to. She was just a tough old bird and it was great to help her.
Another thing that happened this week - we were talking to a media referral that wanted a Bible. So we shared a lesson and it was like we were in the ghetto again. They all flocked towards us to see what we were talking about. We handed out three books that day and then that was when we meet that woman with the wagon. So it was a good week.
As for my crash - it was tough. I was riding along and we had a green light. I was quizzing the new guy to see if he was paying attention to where we were going. I was not paying attention to the road and then I snapped to and saw that the light was still green and I thought that it won’t be green for long. And then when it turned yellow, I was at the line already so I decided to go for it because my comp was on the other side already. So I started to go faster and then I slipped off the pedal and it dug into my leg and flung me off the bike grinding to a stop. I was nervous that someone (in the cars) did not see me crash, so I jumped up and picked my bike up and started running to the side. It was so painful but now I am ok. We played b-ball today and I was amazing. So you will have a challenge on your hands when I get home. I sunk 8 threes and scored a # of lay ups. So that was good to get out so this week.
I made a bet with a guy in our zone - the first to lose thirty pounds and keep it off for two weeks buys the other a new suit form Value City which is like a thrift shop. So that will be fun and give me an incentive to lose some of this baggage. So I am excited.
It sounds like you are going to start the high school experience all over - that is so cool. I am so excited for Dani. That is awesome that you are so old. I feel like I am an old man cause I turn 20 this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know how I feel about that.
The house we live in is cool. It has a washer and dryer and it has one kitchen. We live upstairs and they (the other elders) live downstairs. It has a weight set down stairs that I love. So that is cool. We don’t really cook a lot because we get fed pretty good.
I loved the packages - it helped!
I loved the ponderism thing it was funny!
But I got to go.
I love you all.
Elder Putnam
I have a lot to tell you and I don’t know how much time I have to tell it all.
So this week was great and bad all at the same time. I got into my first crash on my bike. It was kind of bad. I got some road rash and bruises but other than that I think that I am doing great.
We taught and have a great investigator. He wants to be baptized and so we are on the route to get him there. So that is so cool. I love the work.
This week we were riding home and we saw an old woman. She was a cute lady and she was pulling a wagon. She was poor but she was doing something about it. So that was great. She was walking up and down the streets picking up cans to pay her bills. She looked tried so I offered to pull her wagon for a while. So we walked and talked for about three or more blocks. She was so fun to talk to. She was just a tough old bird and it was great to help her.
Another thing that happened this week - we were talking to a media referral that wanted a Bible. So we shared a lesson and it was like we were in the ghetto again. They all flocked towards us to see what we were talking about. We handed out three books that day and then that was when we meet that woman with the wagon. So it was a good week.
As for my crash - it was tough. I was riding along and we had a green light. I was quizzing the new guy to see if he was paying attention to where we were going. I was not paying attention to the road and then I snapped to and saw that the light was still green and I thought that it won’t be green for long. And then when it turned yellow, I was at the line already so I decided to go for it because my comp was on the other side already. So I started to go faster and then I slipped off the pedal and it dug into my leg and flung me off the bike grinding to a stop. I was nervous that someone (in the cars) did not see me crash, so I jumped up and picked my bike up and started running to the side. It was so painful but now I am ok. We played b-ball today and I was amazing. So you will have a challenge on your hands when I get home. I sunk 8 threes and scored a # of lay ups. So that was good to get out so this week.
I made a bet with a guy in our zone - the first to lose thirty pounds and keep it off for two weeks buys the other a new suit form Value City which is like a thrift shop. So that will be fun and give me an incentive to lose some of this baggage. So I am excited.
It sounds like you are going to start the high school experience all over - that is so cool. I am so excited for Dani. That is awesome that you are so old. I feel like I am an old man cause I turn 20 this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know how I feel about that.
The house we live in is cool. It has a washer and dryer and it has one kitchen. We live upstairs and they (the other elders) live downstairs. It has a weight set down stairs that I love. So that is cool. We don’t really cook a lot because we get fed pretty good.
I loved the packages - it helped!
I loved the ponderism thing it was funny!
But I got to go.
I love you all.
Elder Putnam
2 Comments:
Thanks for sharing the letters from Drew. I felt a tinge of pain in my leg just reading about how he described it! Ouch!
Tell him to keep working on that basketball game of his! Hopefully one of these years we'll all get together again and play like we did in Ontario and at the Ranch.
Take care!
I love reading missionary stories. We have a couple of good guys that serve in this area. I take the kids to the park everyday & the elders are always there walking around talking to people. They are so brave! I even saw them approach someone in the Office Depot parking lot one day. I think they were helping the older woman with her shopping cart. The first Sunday I attended RS here the elders taught the lesson about Joseph Smith. They weren't nervous at all about teaching RS! I think it's because they were talking to all the women that feed them...sounds like Drew.
Post a Comment
<< Home