Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hello Officer?

Hey Family!
Well that was way fun to hear from all of you! It sounds like you have had a busy week. I have had a pretty interesting week also. The first cool news is we set two baptismal dates again. Hopefully we will be able to get them baptized. They are a little hesitant but we are trying to help them. They are so standoffish. We have done everything in our power to let them know of the truth and how it can help them. It has been a wild ride. At first they told us no. But then after promising them that they will get a witness of its truthfulness by the 16 of next month, we were be able to get them committed. So that is how things are progressing this week. Other than that, we have had a full week of meetings. That brings stress into my life because I have to figure things out – what to teach and how - and start training and organizing the district. But it was not too bad. It all worked out but not without much stress. One story - I got pulled over this week but did not get a ticket. I was stressed to the max. The zl’s called at 9:15 at night and told me that they wanted us to leave that night and that I needed to be down there in 1/2 an hour. So that is impossible since their pad is an hour drive away even if you are going 5 mph over the limit. So I told him I would try and so we made it down there. But then they told me that I had to pick up another dl - I was pissed to say the least. It was 10:36 when I got pulled over. I knew that pres would have been really upset if I had gotten a ticket because at that time I should have been in bed and asleep. So I was scared out of my mind. The only reason I was going fast was to get to their apt so that we could drive another hour to another destination. So to make a long story short, no ticket and we did not get there until 12:15. Then the zl’s went out and got ice cream and we stayed up to 2. Then woke up and went to zl/dl leadership meeting so that was an experience!
At church this week - this is pretty cool - the Herra family came up to us and said that they wanted us to teach this girl. She is Hispanic and so we are teaching her this week. So I think that it is going to be pretty solid week for us.
I got my new watch and I love it. I filled my memory card so I will do another tape and send you a package. My new favorite car is on this camera. It is called a g35 and it is made by Infinity. So that is awesome. We will definitely drive this one mom.
I think as far as the missionary work goes - it is going well and I hope you guys are having a marvelous day. Sorry to hear about grandpa Holladay - that is sad but he is ok.
I love you all and hope your week will be good.
Love Elder Drew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home