Friday, September 08, 2006

Referrals

Hey family.
Thanks so much for your emails! I loved them. Hey how are you guys this week? I was opening the first one that mom sent me and it just said re and that was it. So I was a little worried but I am glad that you got it figured out. I only got part 1 of dad’s so at least I got to hear from him.
This week has been awesome. We have had members give us referrals up the Wahzoo. It has been amazing! We have received 6-9 referrals - is that not amazing! I am loving it. They are so helpful and this is what missionary work is all about. We are still tracting but it is hard to get some of us motivated and so that is rough. I am all for it but we do not have success if we are not in it together. So I am glad for this new and improved way to do missionary work. It is though the members that we have the most success. So I am glad.
This week has tried my faith. I have had a lot of alone time this week but I am still struggling.
We met a guy that was so concerned with our souls. I was touched by his heart felt concern. He looked like pres Gesell - so that was weird. But I have been asked this question over and over and I have asked pres about this and he has struggled also to explain this - faith vs. priesthood. I wish that I could call and talk to dad and papa. I am figuring it out on my own and it is just slow. I think that it is a trial in my life. I am finally picking up my journal and recording these things so that will help.
It has been a great week other than that. We were tracting this week and the first house that we knocked on this lady just barley got back from Chicago. We were talking to her and she said that she knew the church was true and that she had read the book of Mormon and that it was scripture and she just had not been baptized. So we gave her our number and she said that she would call us and see when a good time would be to meet. That was insane. But I know that the Lord prepares a way.
I sent the package off today and so you will get it Mon. - hopefully!!!!!!!!!
I love you all and hope that you have a good week.

Addendum
Thanks dad. I actually got the second half. I loved it. I was laughing so hard.
I still do not know about this whole thing. I am still a running Ute but I guess we will see when I get back. I hope you meeting goes ok. That is cool that you get to travel and have meetings everywhere. You are like a missionary! jk
I love you and hope you have a wonderful day!

Elder Putnam

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Great posts from El. Drew...Thanks, Richard.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home