Thursday, September 28, 2006

Training Again

Received Wednesday:
So guess what? I did not get transferred but my comp did – hurray! No, I am not that excited, but pres has trusted me again to train. So I am going to. So that will be entertaining. I will update you more on Thurs.
Love you – bye.

Received Thursday:
Hey family! I am great!
I am really enjoying the new guy. He is a good kid. He is from Manti, Utah and he is prepared to be out here. It is great to have a breath of fresh air. We are going to work hard and we are going to baptize. If you cannot tell, I am way stoked. Pres is really excited about it too. I hope not to disappoint. So that is going to be good. I am excited to be training again. It will be fun and I hope to do a good job.
So he has 2 bros and 1 sister. He is cool - he likes cars and so we are talking a lot about them. So that is wonderful. It is like having Nate out here - so that is wonderful. We are going to play ball today and I am stoked about it.
I really don’t mind the extra work of training - If I have to plan and take the lead on everything - because I have basically done that for the last three months now. So it is not new to me. So that is going to be fine.
Thank you dad for your remarks. And what happened to your toe? Mom did not tell me! We have a dinner this week before conference and we are way excited about hearing the prophet speak.
We got three more member referrals so we are working very well with the members and are really connecting with them here with the work. They are really catching the vision - so that is wonderful.We got a new car this week - I love it!
We are shooting for at least one commitment this week for baptism - so that is on the way up. I love having someone that wants to work and is going to push me to my full capability - so that is great.
I will work on another tape that will have some good stories on it for you mom. I am way excited for you and for everyone to see you on TV. I hope you all are excited to hear from the prophet. That is highlight of this week. So that will be awesome.
I hope you have a good week.
E. Nielson went to the drug capitol of IL which is Centralia. I don’t know how he likes it yet. I will call him. I did not see Hess - so he must have stayed. Oh, and Clawson went home yesterday - so that was sad. I have pics. He is a good guy. It shocked me to know how close I was to going home. So that was weird. I better kick it up into high gear so I can finish out right.
The font is fixed. We have not met with them (his other investigators?) this week so that will be good to get out to see them. Hopefully, if everything is great, we will have three baptismal dates by next week. So that is amazing.
Oh - I do need more pills. I am almost out so thanks for reminding me.
How is Nate? Is he Mormon yet? ha ha I don’t know how things will go - I will have to see. I hate breaking ties with anyone. So I don’t know, but I do miss him - he was a ton of fun. I hope that he accepts the gospel when I get home because the heat will be put on!
I am excited - I really having a new love for people and it is good.
I saw Craig this last week - it was wonderful. I yelled and made a fool of myself but I have missed that kid like crazy. I hope he goes back out! Well, I love you all.
I hope I answered some of your ?'s.
I will talk to you next week.
Love Elder Drew

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Great e-mail from El. Drew!!! A new car and a new companion in the same week...Happy days are here again! What's with the "toe", Rich? Have you been kicking Tinker again???

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home