Malibu's and Minutes
Hey - how are you?
I am doing fine we had a good week this week! And I think that this letter might be longer than last week’s because of all the ?’s that you asked! But that is ok. I love to answer them. Well I did get your letters and I loved them. Thanks. I think I have read them 10 times now. So they are good. I loved the zone conference so that is good.
Well, this week we went on team ups twice. We are the only ones in our district that has a car. Right now we have the AP’s car. They needed to use our van for lugging missionaries around. So that is fine. I like their car better anyway. It is an ‘07 Malibu and it is pretty nice. And yes, those are the AP’s right now - Adams and Covey. They are good guys. They are both really young as far as being out on their missions. I think that they just hit their one year mark - so that is cool. They are coming to pick up their car on Sat. so we will back in the van. But that is ok - it has more room to move my people in our district.
We are going to Belleville on our next p-day - so that will be cool.
My leg is still iffy. So I don’t know. I am supposed to wait until the first of the year and not exercise on it. But I can’t do that. I play basketball every Wed. with the ward. So far it has been fine – just a little annoying. I don’t know what I will do. The ankle is fine. I wear my brace when I play - so that is fine.
I got your package and it is killing me not to open it! I might break into it because Christmas is so far away and it is just sitting there. Just Kidding.
Jake is home! He wrote me. I think that his home coming was last week or this week. I did not know if you know. You should go and tell him that am looking like Vin Diesel - k?
Nate called you? I got a tape from him and the posse the other day and I heard that he moved in with Minda. That is trouble right there! Did you tell him that I don’t know what to do about him? I hope to baptize him when I get home whether he likes it or not! He needs it. If only I could talk to him! It is hard. I would show him in his own Bible what he is doing is wrong! Paul talks about it heavily. But I know that if faithful he will come into the waters. He needs direction. I hope he doesn’t make a mistake that will have a lot of repercussions. But oh well - the Lord has it all in control - right?
Back to my week - sorry about that tangent – yes, we taught 6 lessons two days ago. So that is wonderful. We still need some new investigators, so we are tracting a lot. I still love tracting. Good thing - we do it a lot. Anyway, we got three new investigators this week. So we still need to pickup the work.
As far as me calling of Christmas, we have three or four places that we have to stop by for Christmas. Elder Burke is going to call either in the afternoon or when we are at Rob McGee’s. I don’t know how early you think that Crystal and Josh can get to your home, but let me know. I have about 200 minutes left on my phone card, so I don’t care how it works. I could call you and we can try to link in Crystal on the phone or just tell me a time to call. We will do Christmas in the morning as a comp - so we will be home. Tell me next week when would be the best time for you.We got to run - I think that I have written enough.
Transfers are next week – crazy - but I think that Burke and I are staying.
Love you bye.
Elder Drew
I am doing fine we had a good week this week! And I think that this letter might be longer than last week’s because of all the ?’s that you asked! But that is ok. I love to answer them. Well I did get your letters and I loved them. Thanks. I think I have read them 10 times now. So they are good. I loved the zone conference so that is good.
Well, this week we went on team ups twice. We are the only ones in our district that has a car. Right now we have the AP’s car. They needed to use our van for lugging missionaries around. So that is fine. I like their car better anyway. It is an ‘07 Malibu and it is pretty nice. And yes, those are the AP’s right now - Adams and Covey. They are good guys. They are both really young as far as being out on their missions. I think that they just hit their one year mark - so that is cool. They are coming to pick up their car on Sat. so we will back in the van. But that is ok - it has more room to move my people in our district.
We are going to Belleville on our next p-day - so that will be cool.
My leg is still iffy. So I don’t know. I am supposed to wait until the first of the year and not exercise on it. But I can’t do that. I play basketball every Wed. with the ward. So far it has been fine – just a little annoying. I don’t know what I will do. The ankle is fine. I wear my brace when I play - so that is fine.
I got your package and it is killing me not to open it! I might break into it because Christmas is so far away and it is just sitting there. Just Kidding.
Jake is home! He wrote me. I think that his home coming was last week or this week. I did not know if you know. You should go and tell him that am looking like Vin Diesel - k?
Nate called you? I got a tape from him and the posse the other day and I heard that he moved in with Minda. That is trouble right there! Did you tell him that I don’t know what to do about him? I hope to baptize him when I get home whether he likes it or not! He needs it. If only I could talk to him! It is hard. I would show him in his own Bible what he is doing is wrong! Paul talks about it heavily. But I know that if faithful he will come into the waters. He needs direction. I hope he doesn’t make a mistake that will have a lot of repercussions. But oh well - the Lord has it all in control - right?
Back to my week - sorry about that tangent – yes, we taught 6 lessons two days ago. So that is wonderful. We still need some new investigators, so we are tracting a lot. I still love tracting. Good thing - we do it a lot. Anyway, we got three new investigators this week. So we still need to pickup the work.
As far as me calling of Christmas, we have three or four places that we have to stop by for Christmas. Elder Burke is going to call either in the afternoon or when we are at Rob McGee’s. I don’t know how early you think that Crystal and Josh can get to your home, but let me know. I have about 200 minutes left on my phone card, so I don’t care how it works. I could call you and we can try to link in Crystal on the phone or just tell me a time to call. We will do Christmas in the morning as a comp - so we will be home. Tell me next week when would be the best time for you.We got to run - I think that I have written enough.
Transfers are next week – crazy - but I think that Burke and I are staying.
Love you bye.
Elder Drew
2 Comments:
Great update from El. Drew...Good thing he has a car to protect him from the delightful Midwest winter breezes. Enjoy your Christmas Day call!
Thanks for the Letter ... MERRY CHRISTMAS Wishes to our Elder when you talk to him on Christmas.
Post a Comment
<< Home