Not Biking in Manchester
Well - hi family!
This week, as you know, has been a doozey. What actually happened: we were on team ups and I was on a bike about two min away from our apt. We were at the top of a big hill - it is kind of like the one on 94th but not so long, but kind of that steep. We were going at a quick pace and my comp at the time was Elder Denton from Mesa. We were going and I was leading. We went down the hill and we needed to take a right. As I was pedaling to bring up my inside pedal back up, my chain came off. I automatically looked down and as I looked down I put on the brakes and as I was doing so my bike loss traction and slid out from under me. As I was sliding, I stood up and caught my leg on the ground. So with one foot on the ground and one on the bike and the bike continuing to move and the other foot not, I proceeded to do the splits - which hurt pretty good - I don’t know how Dani does it every time. My knee could not handle the pressure and it buckled and I went end over end hitting on my head and my butt with the bike coming down on top of me. I ended up in somebody’s yard and was a little dazed. A guy pulled over and proceeded to look at me while I tried to figure out what had happened. I tried to stand up but my leg was not working and I kept falling on my face. So the guy just stood there and finally I got to my bike and said that I was fine and that he could go. Well in the mean time my comp did not see me and kept going so I was worried because I did not know where he was. The adrenaline was rushing through me so much that I did not feel too bad so I told the guy to go find my comp. So he did. While I was hobbling around picking up all the stuff that went flying everywhere from my pack, a girl pulled over and asked if I needed any help. I told her yes and she gave me and my comp that had come back to find me, a ride home. Then I went to the urgent care and the Dr. told me that I had a sprained knee and a MCL tear but he did not know how badly. I got an appt. with the orthopedic surgeon and he told me that I did indeed tear the MCL but they normally do not do surgery to be repaired if it is just the MCL. He is concerned about other damage but needs to wait until the swelling goes down a bit. I go back in two weeks to see if I did any other damage to the knee. Because of the swelling and the tenderness, he could not determine what the other damage was. So he set me up in the brace and said to try to move it and ice it and rest it to get it going again and to strengthen it by walking on it. But he told me to take the next two weeks easy, so I am trying to do as much as I can but still give it rest. I am on crutches this week and hope to be walking normal soon. It is swollen and bruised and there is water on the knee that displaces my knee cap so it is slightly off to one side. But it will go back to normal when swelling goes down. So I think that is good. Sorry if this story is not in the best of English. I have never been the best at writing.
Last week we got 4 new investigators! We will work with them and try to do the best to progress the area. we do have a car and I hope to have it for another week and a half for full time. After that we might go part-time until I am back to full strength. I have had a blessing and I think that I will be fine. I just hope to have some fun studying while I am down. I love it.
I hope your week has been good. I am so sad about tinker. That is crazy. I just have three more months and I will see her. I miss her.
Hope you have a good day.
love you
This week, as you know, has been a doozey. What actually happened: we were on team ups and I was on a bike about two min away from our apt. We were at the top of a big hill - it is kind of like the one on 94th but not so long, but kind of that steep. We were going at a quick pace and my comp at the time was Elder Denton from Mesa. We were going and I was leading. We went down the hill and we needed to take a right. As I was pedaling to bring up my inside pedal back up, my chain came off. I automatically looked down and as I looked down I put on the brakes and as I was doing so my bike loss traction and slid out from under me. As I was sliding, I stood up and caught my leg on the ground. So with one foot on the ground and one on the bike and the bike continuing to move and the other foot not, I proceeded to do the splits - which hurt pretty good - I don’t know how Dani does it every time. My knee could not handle the pressure and it buckled and I went end over end hitting on my head and my butt with the bike coming down on top of me. I ended up in somebody’s yard and was a little dazed. A guy pulled over and proceeded to look at me while I tried to figure out what had happened. I tried to stand up but my leg was not working and I kept falling on my face. So the guy just stood there and finally I got to my bike and said that I was fine and that he could go. Well in the mean time my comp did not see me and kept going so I was worried because I did not know where he was. The adrenaline was rushing through me so much that I did not feel too bad so I told the guy to go find my comp. So he did. While I was hobbling around picking up all the stuff that went flying everywhere from my pack, a girl pulled over and asked if I needed any help. I told her yes and she gave me and my comp that had come back to find me, a ride home. Then I went to the urgent care and the Dr. told me that I had a sprained knee and a MCL tear but he did not know how badly. I got an appt. with the orthopedic surgeon and he told me that I did indeed tear the MCL but they normally do not do surgery to be repaired if it is just the MCL. He is concerned about other damage but needs to wait until the swelling goes down a bit. I go back in two weeks to see if I did any other damage to the knee. Because of the swelling and the tenderness, he could not determine what the other damage was. So he set me up in the brace and said to try to move it and ice it and rest it to get it going again and to strengthen it by walking on it. But he told me to take the next two weeks easy, so I am trying to do as much as I can but still give it rest. I am on crutches this week and hope to be walking normal soon. It is swollen and bruised and there is water on the knee that displaces my knee cap so it is slightly off to one side. But it will go back to normal when swelling goes down. So I think that is good. Sorry if this story is not in the best of English. I have never been the best at writing.
Last week we got 4 new investigators! We will work with them and try to do the best to progress the area. we do have a car and I hope to have it for another week and a half for full time. After that we might go part-time until I am back to full strength. I have had a blessing and I think that I will be fine. I just hope to have some fun studying while I am down. I love it.
I hope your week has been good. I am so sad about tinker. That is crazy. I just have three more months and I will see her. I miss her.
Hope you have a good day.
love you
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home