Friday, February 09, 2007

Poaching From the Sisters

Well, I am pretty trunky on all the ?’s that you guys ask! Jk I am fine. I am loving being here right now!
It is so cold out here! We went tracting this week and I think that I am still frozen. But it has really been a spiritual week so that is ok. I have loved the work this week but since my hands are not working today, I don’t know if I will be able to tell you everything that has happened. It has been a good week with me and my comp. He is a little hard to get going sometimes but we are making progress. I have felt the love of my Savior more than I thought possible. I believe it is because of prayer. We have been able to find some common interest in cars. So that is fun. That is a lot of what we talk about - so that is good. We are working on having the spirit. I know that it is an area that I have to take the leadership role in doing. I enjoyed not having those leadership responsibilities for a while, but now they are giving me more motivation to improve again. We are doing pretty good. He is making progress and we are teaching very well together. It is a lot like training a new missionary. Our lessons are not the most thought out or the best prepared but the spirit is very strong. He has had a hard life and he has a good testimony. So that is where we are unified. It is amazing how the gospel can make you friends when you thought it was impossible to love someone with such a different personality. So we are good.
We had a good bash this week. We ran into a guy that had obviously met with the missionaries before. He brought out a D&C and a BOM and a Gospel Principals book. We spent two hours going over prophets and all matter of things. We have a return appt in 2 weeks - so that will be interesting.
We also met a guy that might be baptized here shortly. We are doing everything we can to hold onto him. He is not in our area. So we are working to keep him on our investigator list because he is single and he is in the sisters’ area. We have 8 missionaries in our district. We have been focusing on and are working hard to be obedient. It is wonderful to see the change in missionaries as they live the rules. It seems to be making a difference in so many lives. I love the mission. I am so happy to be able to stay out here for the short time that I have left.
As to your ?s - I am half way through a tape for you. I will answer most of them on the tape. I would love to be registered at the U - so if you could do that I would appreciate it. I have no idea what my pass word is/was - so good luck with that. If I can remember it, I will get back with it to you. I will try to talk to pres and ask if I can talk to you all. I think that he would let me - so we will see. I might surprise you! When do I need to register by?
As far as a car goes - I want to get one but I would love a little time to think about that and to save a bit for it. I would love to drive the truck if that is ok with you? So we will see.
I got your package - thank you so much it was great!
PT is going good. I have contacted a few there and I hope to hand out a BOM tomorrow. So that will be good. It is cool because it is like being in a normal life situation. So it has made me think about how I am going to share the gospel when I am home. So that is crazy.
I think that all the other ?’s are answered on the tape. I hope you like it.
Well have a good one.
Love Drew

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Good report from El. Drew...Sorry to read he's still a Redskin.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home