Patience.......
Hey how are you?
I am doing better.
We had an alright week. The weather has been gorgeous. So I am loving that aspect of it.
I did have an interview with pres and it was great. He said that I am doing wonderful with my comp. I told him that I was struggling with him and he said that he is a hard comp but to set the example with him. We will keep going. He also asked me if I could go another transfer with him and I told him yes and that I would change things up and try to improve through goal setting and try to teach him and instill a greater desire in him. So we are working on him. He is sick this week which is not something new. I don’t know if it is slackerness or for real. So I just tell him to call pres and then I study. I have gone through almost half of the bible dictionary this week so I have learned a good deal.
I am working on patience and perseverance. So that is my goal. We do have only two weeks left in this transfer, but I think we might go another one together. That would be his first time that he has had the same comp with for more than one transfer. He has been out for a year - to tell you what type of missionary he has been. So that is unique. But he is a good guy and we are working whether he likes it or not. So we have fun. We are just getting over a big fight that we had this week. So things are looking up. We sat and talked for two hours after I talked to pres. We laid things out and it was very contentious. But we are over it now and hopefully it did some good.
So here is a story - we went on team ups with the ward missionaries and we went and visited one of the less active members in the ward to encourage him to come to church. It did not go well with the ward members. We are working on getting them to help in the work but they are not really going anywhere. We hope to be getting new ones this Sunday.
We are having fun in the singles branch - so that is good. We went out with one of the members in the single branch for lunch. I think it will help get him to come to church. He is way cool and went to the same mission that Craig is in. So we had some things to talk about with him. Craig got transferred again and he is out a year now. I can’t believe how fast time goes, but I am loving it.
I did not go to physical therapy this week because we had some insurance things to work out. I did get it straightened out and so we are good. I see the dr for the last time hopefully on the 9th - so I will tell you how that goes.
I think that is it.
Have a good week.
Elder Drew
I am doing better.
We had an alright week. The weather has been gorgeous. So I am loving that aspect of it.
I did have an interview with pres and it was great. He said that I am doing wonderful with my comp. I told him that I was struggling with him and he said that he is a hard comp but to set the example with him. We will keep going. He also asked me if I could go another transfer with him and I told him yes and that I would change things up and try to improve through goal setting and try to teach him and instill a greater desire in him. So we are working on him. He is sick this week which is not something new. I don’t know if it is slackerness or for real. So I just tell him to call pres and then I study. I have gone through almost half of the bible dictionary this week so I have learned a good deal.
I am working on patience and perseverance. So that is my goal. We do have only two weeks left in this transfer, but I think we might go another one together. That would be his first time that he has had the same comp with for more than one transfer. He has been out for a year - to tell you what type of missionary he has been. So that is unique. But he is a good guy and we are working whether he likes it or not. So we have fun. We are just getting over a big fight that we had this week. So things are looking up. We sat and talked for two hours after I talked to pres. We laid things out and it was very contentious. But we are over it now and hopefully it did some good.
So here is a story - we went on team ups with the ward missionaries and we went and visited one of the less active members in the ward to encourage him to come to church. It did not go well with the ward members. We are working on getting them to help in the work but they are not really going anywhere. We hope to be getting new ones this Sunday.
We are having fun in the singles branch - so that is good. We went out with one of the members in the single branch for lunch. I think it will help get him to come to church. He is way cool and went to the same mission that Craig is in. So we had some things to talk about with him. Craig got transferred again and he is out a year now. I can’t believe how fast time goes, but I am loving it.
I did not go to physical therapy this week because we had some insurance things to work out. I did get it straightened out and so we are good. I see the dr for the last time hopefully on the 9th - so I will tell you how that goes.
I think that is it.
Have a good week.
Elder Drew
1 Comments:
Rich,
Thanks for posting the latest from El.Drew. He's a good man for working with an underachieving comp. Are you going to the BIG GAME tomorrow?
Bob
Post a Comment
<< Home