Week at Muldoons, ID
We went on a 9 mile hike through some very pretty country. We saw golden eagles, antelope and deer. No cougars, bear or elk - but they are there.
You can get a better look at the country behind Jeff and Arlen.
We all had a good time and there was plenty to eat - don't we all looked starved?
Sorry for the long absence from the blog. With Drew home now from his mission, it seems somewhat anti-climatic to try and put something on here that means more than what he was doing and his letters.
This has been a very busy summer. We did a pioneer trek as a stake youth conference in June. I took the priests in our ward to Flamming Gorge - that was the first time that I had ever been there. What a gorgeous place that is - no pun intended.


We then spent the 4th of July at Redfish Lake. The lake was cold and the hikes were great. I took all of the Putnam and Clegg kids on the bench lake hike and then road the boat back to the lodge. They were all pretty tired that afternoon and enjoyed playing in the lake to cool off and relax. The next day was Jeff's birthday. So for his b-day present I went on a hike up to the Saddleback lakes with him. We had a great time. When we road the boat back, they got everyone at the docks come and help throw him into the lake for his b-day. It was a great time.





The rest of the summer was spent golfing and enjoying the hottest summer on record for Utah. Sorry - no pictures for the golfing. I would rather hit the ball than take a picture of it. I had some very memorable shots and rounds - and of course some rounds and shots that I would just as soon forget. One shot that I will always remember was chipping from the fringe of the green on the 6th hole at The Homestead and it going in the hole on the fly - no bouncing or rolling in. Just a 3-point swish in the hole and it stayed without bouncing out. No camera present - so I can't connect you to you-tube for the video. You will just have to take my word for it - and I had 3 witnesses that had all hit horrible shots from that same spot just moments before.
So that is about it for the summer of 47. I am hoping the fall and winter of 47 will go just as well.
3 Comments:
GREAT REPORT !!! The Pictures are Wonderful.
Thank you for your report, Rich...It made me homesick for Redfish! Please YouTube your great golf shots so we can take lessons.
Until next week.
wow, had no idea you were posting! loved the pictures & your sense of adventure!
Post a Comment
<< Home